Tuesday, September 17, 2019
Sugar
Seeing you is so rare.
As it is getting to spend time with you.
So I try to enjoy these moments we are together and alone.
I try to enjoy them to the fullest.
Because every minute is magical.
Every second.
And I know it is only a fucking chemical reaction in my brain.
But I really do not care.
It is as magical as it is unique.
And bittersweet.
Because I know they will not last.
You always get away from me in the end.
Every time.
And you leave my heart aching.
And my soul feeling incomplete.
Even though I know you do not mean to do those things.
Even though I know that you care.
I set my expectations up.
And I get disappointed.
Every time.
But that changes nothing.
Even now, as I hear you through my wall, playing piano, I know it is the most beautiful sound I have ever heard.
The most beautiful one, except for your voice.
Even now, as I look at your face, at your eyes, and marvel at how beautiful you are, so beautiful that even if I were the greatest painter of all time, I am sure my painting of you would never do your beauty justice.
Love is a funny thing.
It strengthens me at the same time it tears me down.
Bittersweet.
Just like you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment